Saturday, January 28, 2006

Friends

Friends are one of those really important things, especially to me. I love all of my friends for all of there different personalities and quirks. Sometimes I like to look at my address book or phone list and remember all of the friends I had forgotten. It is true that you cannot keep in touch with everyone, sometimes you have to let them go and just remember how much fun you had. I have friends in several states which is good for vacation ideas and bad for spontaneous shopping trips. One thing I missed when we were traveling is having friends to hang out with. Friends help define me and make me who I am, sometimes for worse but mostly for better.

One of my friends told me (after I finally relayed a stressful situation I was in and had been in for a year) that friends want to know everything that is going on, even the bad stuff. I try to remember that and truthfully, it is nice to tell an objective person your problems.

What I love the most about my friends is the 'out of the blue' phone call. You can go months with no contact and suddenly there they are, talking about their life and asking about yours. Those calls put a smile on my face for days. I love my friends.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Like you have found so many nice ones.

5:42 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Haven't you already dated all the single, available women in the country?

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home