Thursday, July 13, 2006

My pregnant friends

All of my friends are pregnant now. Well, the ones that don't have children already are pregnant. If they aren't pregnant they are trying to get pregnant. Used to be that there was a strong hold on having kids, no one was having kids. I don't know what changed but obviously no one asked me. I am very happy for my pregnant friends and I wish them the best pregnancy and the healthiest child. I can't help but be selfish and moarn the loss of the non-maternal life we all shared. No more martinis at Bon Vie watching people shop. No more dancing dowtown until 2am just because we can. No more road trips or spontaneous shopping trips. No more glasses of wine because we "earned it". All the talk now is focused on pregnancy...the joys and pain. I know more about being pregnant now than I ever have wanted to know. Suddenly planning shopping trips or the latest Coach purse aren't important anymore. No more trips into Nordstrom's, we are going to Motherhood Maternity. I am scared for myself. I guess I am about to get a lot more nieces I can spoil and send back.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Time is precious for things that matter most. For one who does her best subscribing to saving lives and extending them - I am smiling to your new found revelations.

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home