Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Thoughts

There is a lot of stuff that is going to be happening in the next month or even next few months...most of it is good. The first countdown started today; 2 weeks until I head to Phoenix and bring my friend back home. What a drive that will be but it will be worth it all. At least I get a week off from work which I would do just about anything for. The next countdown is for our anniversary which is in 29 days. We fly to Vegas the night of our anniversary for some sun and fun and a long weekend. 10 years is a long time to be married so we are gonna live it up in case we don't make it any more years (just kidding). What could be more fun than Vegas. Just for the record our anniversary is June 15th, feel free to send gifts (cash is always appreciated). The last countdown is my birthday, that is about 73 days away. This is the bad countdown since it will signal the end of my 20's and the beginning of my 30's. Painful to even say. Nevermind, I'm not ready to think about that one yet.

Change of topic; work has been downright depressing lately. We have had quite a few patients die and quite a few less than optimal outcomes. I truly believe that certain rooms can have the death hex, meaning that the patients in these rooms are probably going to die. Of the last 4 organ donations we have had, 3 came from one room. Those odds can't be ignored. Everyone working is depressed so this is not a good time to be in healthcare, at least not at my hospital. Oh yeah, throw into the mix that management has decided we are overstaffed and so we are now working at the bare minimum; I thought we were working at the minimum before but once again I have been proven wrong.

On a personal note which I guess this whole post has been...there are always reasons to remain emotionally distant, especially from strangers. Throwing your emotions at everyone you meet is not something I do. If that makes me an emotionally distant person I'll take that, at least I am not vulnerable. Just because I don't cry in public doesn't mean I don't have feelings like everyone else or that my feelings can't get hurt or that I am not human. Everyone hurts and can be hurt the same, we just express it differently. If I want my emotions seen they will be seen, otherwise leave it alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home