Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Anniversary

This is our anniversary week. Thursday June 15th at 11am we will have been married for 10 years. I know there were plenty of people who said it wouldn't last, that we were too young but they were wrong. I have been thinking a lot about how we met, how we fell in love, how we came to be married. I wouldn't change any of it. I think the important element for making a marriage work is to be friends first and always stay friends. You don't always have to like each other but you always have to love each other. You don't always have to agree but you do have to look at the other person's side and compromise. We were great friends before we ever became involved romantically. I don't know of anyone else who could put up with my moods and drama.

I won't lie and say there haven't been times I was totally disgusted and tired of being married; I think every married couple has to experience these times in order to understand what you have. The good times have far out weighed the bad times and I actually can't even remember the bad times. Giving up instead of talking is never the best way to solve a problem; open communication is always key for any relationship.

I don't know what I would do without Pete in my life. He is my soulmate, the rock that steadies me when I need to be steadied. He makes me laugh and sometimes he makes me cry but I love him.

So we are headed to Vegas on Thursday night to celebrate our anniversary. This will be our first vacation together in 15 months, long over due. I am excited to celebrate and also excited for the next 10 years of marriage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home