Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Nick Lachey

VH-1 played the Nick Lachey story the other day and of course I couldn't turn it off. I like Nick Lachey, I think he would be a fun person to hang out with. I think Jessica Simpson is a fool for letting him go but of course I wasn't there for their marriage and all that went on. Rumors are hard to deal with, I think you have to have a certain maturity level and I don't think she had it. The radio plays his new song non-stop and hers is horrible...I think that is sweet revenge.

His song is a little frustrating though. Can someone really consider themselves to be half the person they were just because of a break-up? How much does your spouse or significant other define who you are? Do we lose touch with ourselves just because we are in a relationship? I am not the same person I was when Pete and I met but a certain amount of that growing has been maturing. If something happened between Pete and I it would be devastating and horrible, I would still be the same person.

Maybe the song is talking about the lack of trust you have after a break-up and that lack of trust is what makes you half the person you were. I can see that, a break-up after someone lies to you would be horrible. I've lost some friends after they lied to me and it is an emotionally exhausting thing but you are still the same person. So I guess I don't know what he is talking about with that song but I sincerely hope that Jessica Simpson did not make him half the person he was.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I think Nick was just trying to elaborate on the sensation that he is missing part of his emotions after the public breakup. Loving someone and losing them is not losing half of yourself - but in an emotional sense (or spiritual) it seems as if what you have known is now gone.

Human emotions are a myriad of combinations.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I'm going to his concert in October, if I get the chance I will ask him what he meant.

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home