Monday, January 30, 2006

Birthday countdown

I had an age reality check today. I went to the eye doctor for my yearly exam and to order more contacts. My prescription has not changed a fraction in the last year which I was happy about until the doctor told me that happens to people "when they reach a certain age". So I was handed the 'certain age' line and I didn't take it well. So I am going to be 30 this year, actually in 7 months and 9 days. Everyone says 30 is no problem but for some reason I can't buy into that theory. 30 is huge, it is the end of my 20's.

Part of the problem is fear of the unknown. When a female turns 25 everything starts to fall apart; your hips get wide and you start exercising; no more Taco Bell in the middle of the night because of indigestion; hangovers are worse than ever and now take 2 days to get over; a variety of aches and pains start to occur, especially with weather changes. Now all this is between 25-30 years old, what is going to happen when I turn 30?

One thing is certain, I am not going to take turning 30 well, I am going to be a big cry baby and throw a huge pity party for myself...unless someone can prove that 30 is the new 20.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

As always, your insight into life is a breath of fresh air, I can't wait to hook up with those college girls...and their mothers. You are a sick hog.

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home