Thursday, August 10, 2006

Well, I'm 30

Well, I am now 30. The earth didn't stop rotating like I thought it would. There was no sudden flash of lightning at midnight on Monday, no major earthquake, nothing. It was actually quite uneventful which I am thankful for. It was a day spent doing exactly what I wanted to do...eat crab and artichoke dip and drink martinis. Throw in a fabulous dinner at Mongolian BBQ and you have the perfect day. I was a little sad starting out Monday, probably just the thought of getting older. I do that, get all excited for my birthday and then when it actually arrives I am sad. I look at my life now and consider the goals I had set for myself to be accomplished by the time I turned 30; some are completed, some will never be completed and some unconsidered goals accomplished.

I have now survived 3 full days at 30 and I have to say it feels pretty good. I still feel like me, still look like me. There was no major facial sagging, no sudden growth of gray hair. My friends celebrated with me and those that couldn't be present called me. Now on to the next milestone...only 10 years to 40!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home