Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Another quote

Two posts in one day, this must be important. I found this in my Oprah magazine; now everyone knows how much I love this magazine. A great article for anyone married or in a relationship...obviously that excludes my friend Jeff. Enjoy!

"When the last speck of fairy dust is gone, and you are married to exactly the person you married and not any fantasy of your own, you find out whether you have what it takes to make it through a few more decades of togetherness. It takes commitment, it takes forgiveness, it takes resignation and compromise but with all of this, you still have to feel tenderness. The person you see in those eyes that meet yours across the pillow, or the dining room table, or over the head of the child whose hands you hold-if that person still touches something wordless in you, you can imagine that there are still good parts left, still some surprises in the story. You can only find out what happens when you believe in love if you believe in love. " -Natalie White in Love with a Twist from Oprah Magazine, April 2006.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Well, that would require me seeing you which I haven't done in a long time. I do need to use tenderness when dealing with you though, you are right on that one.

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home