Thursday, March 09, 2006

10 years...

So this June my husband and I will be married for 10 years. June 15th to be exact. I was married very young, but when you know it is right why not? So everyone always asks me the secrets to staying married. I don't have any idea but I know this, he was my best friend long before he was my husband. I think that is what gets people through difficult times, you can always count on your true friends. I also think not having kids right away helped us too. We pretty much lived the life we wanted to, got all our moving and wildness out to prepare for the future. Now we are more settled than ever, scary thought.

We were married in upstate NY on one of the most beautiful days June has available. After getting married we lived in a total of 9 different places in 5 states. That is a pretty good track record when you consider we lived in our house in NC for 4 years. Now we have a house in OH, our second home purchase; not bad for people as young as us.

Do we have anything in common? NO. He is an introvert who prefers to stay home and be quiet. I am an extrovert who prefers to be anywhere but home and be as loud as possible. He likes sports, I don't (although I am better than I used to be). He doesn't like regular TV programming and I do. He works day shifts, I work night shifts. He is wonderful with money and planning ahead, I love to spend money and let the future take care of itself. He doesn't drink, I do. I love to exercise, he doesn't. Somehow we complement each other perfectly; he is more outgoing than he used to be and I am okay staying home watching a hockey game. I have even started learning how to play golf; my temperament isn't always good for golf.

I may not know the secret to our happy marriage but I know that there have been ups and downs plenty but the thought of him not being in my life is far scarier than any fight we have. Plus, I appreciate anyone who can live with me this long and still be somewhat sane.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

What a nice comment, thank you.

12:37 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I don't think you need to worry about that just yet

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home