Wednesday, March 22, 2006

My cats



I have two obese cats. I love my cats, not like most people say they love animals or love the sunshine...I mean I LOVE my cats. They can do no wrong and act like they know this. So I am going to introduce everyone to my cats.

Clyde is black and white and weighs a smooth 19lbs. He was my first cat which we got after we bought our first house. He is 8 years old now. Pete bought him for my birthday from a cat adoption fair. As soon as I saw him I loved him. Clyde and Pete have a love-hate relationship but Clyde will always be my baby. He loves me unconditionally and I accept that love from him. He has this really cute little purr he does when he is really happy, usually when he is sitting on my lap.

Tyger is the tiger cat (not just a clever name). I got him when I took Clyde for his one-year vaccines and wandered through the cat adoption fair that was going on. I was smitten as soon as I saw him and brought him home. Clyde was not too happy about this for a few days but they have developed an "I will tolerate you because I have too" attitude with each other. Tyger is 7 years old and is about 16lbs. I call him my skinny kitty. He and I now have a love-hate relationship and he is definitely more fond of Pete. Tyger sits and stares at me for no reason which really creeps me out so I stare back at him. He isn't real smart but very lovable.

Both of my cats are funny and predictable. No matter which room of the house we are in there will be a cat in there with us. Except for the master bedroom which is off limits for all cats. The cats have their own couch, bed and chair to sleep on. They are very spoiled obviously.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Maybe we should start calling you Bast. Which, if you are familiar with Egyptian mythology, was the Cat Goddess. Egyptians put great value on cats due to their ability to curtail the number of rats - which we all know carry disease. Tyger probably stares at you anticipating ancient magical incantations being spoken that will let it know what to do....
Just a thought.
~X~

11:57 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Maybe he is just stupid and doesn't realize he is staring into space. Did I also mention he stares into the fireplace, like there is a secret room on the other side. Very strange.

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home