Saturday, August 19, 2006

Hyperactivity

Hyperactivity is something that is prevalent in children. We talk about kids being hyper all the time like it is a bad thing. What if they just have a strong desire to do as much as possible in the hours they are awake. Wouldn't that be a good quality in an adult? I am a hyper person, although most people just say I am high strung. I don't do well with down time. I don't relax well; sitting around on a quiet weekend doesn't thrill me. I always need to be doing something. This isn't a bad thing since right now I am focused on professional improvement; just many things at once. There always needs to be something going on, something happening or something being planned. I don't remember being hyper as a child but I guess maybe I was. One good thing about being hyper as an adult is that I am motivated to make the most of life which I don't think is a bad thing. The bad part of being high strung is the stress that comes along with it. Always having something going on or something to do can be pretty stressful; I work best under pressure and stress.

I guess my point is, before you claim that a specific child is hyper, consider how beneficial that could be for the future and maybe they just need something to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home