Monday, September 17, 2007

Shopping Carts

Behold the shopping cart, important for carrying around our purchases and people's children. Some are plastic, some are metal, and some are always stuck together. During the holidays, there are never enough. The main purpose of the shopping cart is too assist the shopper in hauling their purchases to the checkout and then to their car. In return, the shopper is expected to thank the shopping cart by returning it to the cart return area or back inside the store. Unfortunately, this does not happen.

I ran to my local grocery store a few weeks ago during a rain storm and was the unfortunate victim of an unhappy and disrespected shopping cart. My poor car took the brunt of the anger, mostly undeserved. Now, I understand that it was raining and the person who chose that cart did not want to get wet, however, I did not want to have my passenger mirror removed from my car either. After careful consideration (once I had calmed down) I now realize that the $150 I paid in repairs was a small price to pay for a complete stranger to stay dry.

My car is now fixed and I have returned to this local grocery only to exit and find yet another shopping cart in front of my car waiting to be hit. So I am appealing to all shoppers, please respect the carts and place them back in a safe, cart return area. Do this for the cart and do this for your fellow shoppers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home