Saturday, September 02, 2006

Autumn

There is just something special about autumn. I haven't been able to put my finger on what exactly is so special, but it is in the air. Autumn represents a break from the heat of summer, crisp mornings when I leave the hospital, air without humidity. The smell of autumn is so unique. The changing leaves does something to the air that I am sure a scientist could explain. The smell of leaves burning in piles and towards the end of autumn, the smell of fireplaces burning. I always swore that I would live down south as soon as possible, and did for 5 short years. One thing I missed without even realizing I missed it was the changing seasons. The colors of the leaves is so spectacular, the apple cider, apples from the farm up the road. Autumn is so special and at this time, this very second, my favorite season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home