Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Fixers

I'm a fixer, like it or not. If someone brings me a problem I fix it, or try real hard. I stew over the problem until a solution is known; sometimes I have even lost sleep over other people's problems. I am glad to be a fixer of problems which is probably why I went into the medical field. No problem is too large or small for me to try and fix (although I may never be successful).
The worst problem to try and fix is the unfixable because in my mind that just does not exist. There is always a solution, we just need to look hard enough. Even worse than the unfixable problem is the friend's unfixable problem. Impossible to ignore and hopeless to fix. Although I still take these problems on against my better judgement.
Martin Luther King, Jr. once said, "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends". Well no one can ever say that I have been silent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home